We help labs proactively plan to secure samples and maintain business continuity in the event of an emergency or natural disaster.
Brooks has the expertise and technology to act quickly and decisively to secure sample assets. Only half of universities, biobanks, pharmaceutical companies, and other businesses that rely on samples have a crisis plan in place to preserve the samples in an emergency.
Our readiness assessment evaluates your current approach to sample storage and shares information about how it could be impacted by an emergency – which creates more agile planning for crisis management.
- Disaster Recovery Response: Brooks has the equipment, back-up power, technology, and storage infrastructure to relocate sample inventory until an emergency subsides.
- Biomaterial Management – Our BioInventory informatics solution manages your sample inventory with audit-trail tracking that records the complete chain-of-custody for each sample with barcode technology.
- Mobile Recovery Units – Our nationwide fleet of mobile biorepository units provides temperature-controlled sample transport, deployable LN2 tanks, and full redundancies in place to assist organizations in emergencies.
- Global Logistics Network – Our network of sample management partners, couriers, and suppliers provides you with prioritized disaster-recovery logistics solutions from anywhere in the world.
- Temperature Remediation – Our cold-chain logistics experts mitigate the short-term risk of sample loss through storage bunkers filled with dry ice and back-up freezer power support.
Disaster recovery plans with multiple backup systems are essential for all professional biostorage and research facilities. And freezer type can make the difference between complete sample loss and maintaining biomaterial integrity. Read post.