Sample Transport Overview
Safe transport of critical biological material.
Brooks Life Sciences, formerly Pacific Scientific Transport, is the premier provider of comprehensive sample transport and lab relocation solutions for the bioscience industry. With deep industry expertise in transporting regulated biological material, Brooks uses highly specialized cold-chain logistics and relocation teams to provide a full suite of sample relocation services. Implementing cutting-edge best practices, millions of samples are moved worldwide for all types of laboratories, biopharmaceutical researchers, genomic explorer, academic institutes and more. These materials vary from tissue samples, irreplaceable blood samples, and other valuable biomaterials, laboratory chemicals, lab animals, and high-value equipment.
Moving biological material is a specialized business. When moving regulated material it is important to find an experienced lab relocation partner with in-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance, the science and complexity of cryopreservation, and sample transport security. Ensuring sample integrity during the relocation process is the number one priority. Our cold-chain logistics and sample transport experts handle every sample with the utmost care.
- Our commitment: Competitive pricing, knowledgeable staff, quality customer service.
- Lab relocations can be costly: Hiring a qualified and licensed lab transport company to manage the move improves efficiency, saves time, and reduces the overall cost to researchers and stakeholders.
- An experienced relocation service provider is assigned to each project and a custom move plan is developed based on customers needs. Moves are managed with the laboratory's productivity in mind.
- During new construction or lab renovation projects, long-term or short-term storage options are available at one of our North American biorepositories.
- Industry-Leading Flexibility: Our sample transport and relocation team can handle material-only moves, transport material within customer-owned or Brooks-owned freezers, and provide origin-to-destination relocation moves.
- We Come to You: We can collect samples from the research site itself, other storage centers, testing laboratories, or company headquarters.
- Eco-friendly Sample Transport: Trucks aerodynamic bodies and enhanced engine technology increases fuel efficiency and reduces our carbon footprint.
- Multiple Redundancies in Place: At temperature back-up freezers and LN2 supply on trucks during transit. Diesel powered generators provide redundant power, keeping freezers powered at all times. 24/7 alarmed security and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant temperature monitoring.
- Capable of Handling Various Temperature Ranges: Controlled temperature environments ranging from ambient to -190°C.
- Licenses, Training, and Certifications: USDOT special permits to transport controlled and biological material. Our experts are IATA, and USDOT trained and certified in logistics and packaging. Fully compliant with Federal and State regulations.
- Laboratory Chemical Relocation: Our drivers are certified to safely pack and transport lab chemicals in compliance with the US Department of Transportation.
- TSA-Certified Cargo Screening Facility: One of the few biorepositories in the world to be approved by the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to pre-screen shipments at our facility, thereby avoiding possible screening delays or compromised samples at the airport.
- Lab Relocation
- Regulated Chemical Packaging and Relocation
- Lab Animal Transport
- Cold Room Material Relocation
- Business Continuity Planning
- Risk Mitigation Planning
- Temporary Facility Shutdown
- Equipment Rental and Leasing
- Validation Services
- cGMP Storage
- High-Value Insurance
Trusted partner within the lab moving community. Comprehensive sample transport and lab relocation solutions to ensure sample integrity. Safe and secure transport of valuable collections.
Special Permits and Certifications