Why Brooks Life Sciences
Brooks Life Sciences, formerly Pacific Scientific Transport, has over 18 years of experience developing comprehensive lab relocation solutions to transport large collections of biological material stored in controlled temperature environments, and regulated chemicals.
Moving a lab is a complex and stressful process, hiring a qualified and licensed lab mover mitigates risk, improves efficiency, saves money, and most importantly, allows scientists and lab staff to focus on their research.
With deep industry expertise in transporting regulated biological material, Brooks Life Sciences uses highly specialized cold-chain logistics and lab relocation teams to provide a full suite of services.
Implementing cutting-edge best practices, millions of samples are moved worldwide for all types of,
- Academic Research Institutions
- Biotechnology Companies
- Government Agencies
- Genomic Explorers
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Research Foundations and more...
These materials vary from,
- Irreplaceable Blood Samples
- Tissues Samples
- Laboratory Chemicals and Reagents
- High-Value Equipment and more...
Biological transport is a specialized business. When moving regulated material it is important to find an experienced lab relocation partner with in-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance, the science and complexity of and sample transport security. Our cold-chain logistics and lab moving experts handle every sample with the utmost care.
- Industry-Leading Flexibility: Our biological transport and lab relocation team can handle material-only moves, transport material within customer-owned or Brooks-owned freezers, and provide origin-to-destination relocation moves.
- We Come to You: We can collect samples from the research site itself, other storage centers, testing laboratories, or company headquarters.
- Capable of Handling Various Temperature Ranges: Controlled temperature environments ranging from ambient to -190°C.
- Laboratory Chemical Relocation: Our drivers are certified to safely pack and transport lab chemicals in compliance with the US Department of Transportation.
Ensuring sample integrity during the relocation process is our number one priority!
Our Trucks - Our Drivers
- Trucks to Protect Your Shipment: Custom-built, company-owned trucks outfitted with redundancies.
- - Sample Transport: Trucks aerodynamic bodies and enhanced engine
technology fuelefficiency and reduces our carbon footprint.
- Multiple Redundancies in Place: At temperature back-up freezers and LN2 supply on trucks during transit. Diesel powered generators provide redundant power, keeping freezers powered at all times. 24/7 alarmed security and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant temperature monitoring.
- Licenses, Training, and Certifications: USDoT special permits to transport controlled and biological material. Our experts are IATA, and USDoT trained and certified in logistics and packaging. Fully compliant with Federal and State regulations.
- Relocation Project Management: Our highly trained and licensed professionals help customers develop a comprehensive move plan, allowing scientists and lab staff to focus on their research with minimal risk and downtime.
Sample integrity, continuous improvement, regulatory compliance and service excellence are the cornerstones of our business that allows us to meet and exceed expectations.
Special Permits & Certifications
A trusted partner within the lab moving community.
- Business Continuity Planning
- Cold Room Material Relocation
- Equipment Rental and Leasing
- High-Value Insurance
- Lab Relocation Management
- Regulated Chemical Packaging and Shipping
- Risk Mitigation Planning
- Temporary Facility Shutdown
- Validation Services