Brooks Life Sciences, formerly Pacific Scientific Transport, brings over 18 years of experience in comprehensive lab relocation solutions for large collections of biological material stored in controlled temperature environments and regulated chemicals.
Moving a lab is a complex and stressful process. Hiring a qualified and licensed lab mover mitigates risk, improves efficiency, saves money, and enables scientists and lab staff to focus on their research.
With deep industry expertise in transporting regulated biological material, we use highly specialized cold-chain logistics and lab relocation teams to provide a full suite of services.
Using best practices, we move millions of samples for a number of research organizations and the academic community.
- Academic research institutions
- Biotechnology companies
- Government agencies
- Genomic explorers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Research foundations
The materials we move are wide ranging.
- Blood samples
- Tissues samples
- Laboratory chemicals and reagents
- High-value equipment
Biological transport is a specialized business. When moving regulated material, it is crucial to find an experienced lab relocation partner with deep knowledge of regulatory compliance and the complexity of sample transport security. Our cold-chain logistics and lab moving experts handle every sample with the utmost care.
- Industry-Leading Flexibility: Our biological transport and lab relocation team can handle material-only moves, transport material within customer-owned or Brooks-owned freezers, and provide origin-to-destination relocation moves.
- We Come to You: We can collect samples from the research site itself, other storage centers, testing laboratories, or company headquarters.
- Capable of Handling Various Temperature Ranges: Controlled temperature environments range from ambient to -190°C.
- Laboratory Chemical Relocation: Our drivers are certified to safely pack and transport lab chemicals in compliance with the US Department of Transportation.
Ensuring sample integrity during the relocation process is our number one priority!
- Trucks to Protect Your Shipment: Custom-built, company-owned trucks outfitted with redundancies.
- Sample Transport: Aerodynamic trucks along with enhanced engine
technology and fuelefficiency reduces our carbon footprint.
- Multiple Redundancies in Place: At-temperature back-up freezers and LN2 supply are housed on trucks during transit. Diesel-powered generators provide redundant power to keep freezers powered at all times. 24/7 alarmed security and 21 CFR Part 11-compliant temperature monitoring are in place.
- Licenses, Training, and Certifications: USDoT special permits allow us to transport controlled and biological material. Experts are IATA and USDoT trained, certified in logistics and packaging, and fully compliant with federal and state regulations. HAZMAT certified drivers and personnel.
- Relocation Project Management: Our highly trained and licensed professionals help customers develop a comprehensive move plan.
Sample integrity, continuous improvement, regulatory compliance and service excellence are cornerstones of our business.
Special Permits & Certifications
A trusted partner within the lab moving community.
- Business continuity planning
- Cold room material relocation
- Equipment rental and leasing
- High-value insurance
- Lab relocation management
- Regulated chemical packaging and shipping
- Risk mitigation planning
- Temporary facility shutdown
- Validation services