Research foundations play a crucial role in developing cures for the most devastating diseases. Mission-driven organizations and their donors promote meaningful collaboration among researchers.
And investments are a driving force behind accelerating medical advances and conquering disease.
We work with research foundations to collect, store, protect, and share samples and data with leading investigators. Many samples gain value over time and reveal more with each successive research project. Brooks has the people, processes, and technology to manage large, richly-annotated cohort collections.
Our innovative products and services are designed to maximize research opportunities, minimize risk, and preserve sample integrity at every stage.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation. Brooks helps the foundation with kitting and capturing stool samples. The samples, stored in one of the largest biorepositories of its kind, are available to researchers who are investigating Crohn’s disease and colitis. We also provide sample storage management and advanced data management for the biorepository.
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP). Through our BioProcessing Solutions Alliance, Brooks provides a variety of services to support NSABP with sample storage and sample preparation services.
- The Parker Research Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy. Our support for the Parker Research Institute continues to expand with a variety of services from Brooks, including sample storage, kitting management and sample preparation services through our strategic partner, the Bioprocessing Solutions Alliance.
- Komen Tissue Bank at the IU Simon Cancer Center. Brooks stores and manages one third of all samples collected by this tissue bank to facilitate breast cancer research among worldwide scientists. Funded by a grant by Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the tissue bank is the only repository in the world for normal breast tissue and matched serum, plasma and DNA. The Komen Tissue Bank relies on Brooks to provide real time, 24/7 access to sample inventories, using technology that monitors, reports and tracks stored samples in a highly-detailed way.
- UK Biobank. Brooks provides six automated onsite stores, data management and biorepository management for an extensive cohort collection that serves the United Kingdom’s precision medicine research initiative, designed to find cures for serious and life-threatening diseases.