Brooks Life Sciences recognizes the increasingly important role research foundations play in finding cures for the world’s most devastating diseases. In pursuit of better treatments, these mission-driven organizations and their donors promote collaboration among researchers on an unprecedented scale.
Their investments are a driving force for aligning academic institutions, biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry around the common goals of accelerating medical advances and conquering disease.
If you are a member of a research foundation, you can rely on Brooks to support your organization’s high standards for rapid discovery, clinical research and collaboration.
Brooks is your partner in nurturing life-changing work.
We work with research foundations to collect, store, protect and share biospecimens and data with leading investigators. Many samples relevant to your health-related cause gain value over time, revealing more with each successive research project. Brooks has the people, processes and advanced technology to manage large, richly-annotated cohort collections.
Our innovative products and services are designed to help you maximize research opportunities, minimizes risk and to achieve the highest quality of research and protection of sample integrity at every research stage.
Among our many research foundation partners are:
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation. Brooks helps the foundation with kitting and capturing stool samples. The samples, stored in one of the largest biorepositories of its kind, are available to researchers who are investigating Crohn’s disease and colitis. We also provide sample storage management and advanced data management for the biorepository.
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP). Through our BioProcessing Solutions Alliance, Brooks provides a variety of services to support NSABP with sample storage and sample preparation services.
- The Parker Research Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy. Our support for the Parker Research Institute continues to expand with a variety of services from Brooks, including sample storage, kitting management and sample preparation services through our strategic partner, the Bioprocessing Solutions Alliance.
- Komen Tissue Bank at the IU Simon Cancer Center. Brooks stores and manages one third of all samples collected by this tissue bank to facilitate breast cancer research among worldwide scientists. Funded by a grant by Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the tissue bank is the only repository in the world for normal breast tissue and matched serum, plasma and DNA. The Komen Tissue Bank relies on Brooks to provide real time, 24/7 access to sample inventories, using technology that monitors, reports and tracks stored samples in a highly-detailed way.
- UK Biobank. Brooks provides six automated onsite stores, data management and biorepository management for an extensive cohort collection that serves the United Kingdom’s precision medicine research initiative, designed to find cures for serious and life-threatening diseases.