In today’s large, complex experiments, the numbers of samples and measurements are growing exponentially. Conducting basic research for new therapeutics requires the collection, processing, and analysis of thousands of biosamples. This challenge demands productive solutions that process greater numbers of samples in shorter periods of time. Scientists need partners that can provide best-practice solutions in sample fulfillment, processing, storage, and analysis to minimize time to discovery. Brooks Life Science Systems is a global leader in creating solutions that support each step in the basic research pathway — study design and sample collection kits, sample processing services and automated storage systems, and data analysis and bioinformatics. We combine next-generation products and services with the deep expertise that frees researchers to focus on science, not technology, in addressing the critical questions plaguing disease-related biology.
1 Experimental Design
- Scientific review and study design are conducted.
- Experiment goals are aligned with sample collection and analysis strategies.
- Experiment process is reviewed and technology is selected.
- Sample collection kits are produced and sample sources are identified.
- Kit fulfillment is conducted at collection sites and samples are transported to processing location.
- Researchers identify appropriate molecular, pathological, and cellular analyses.
- The proper technology is selected and sample processing is developed and validated.
- Integrated analytical and functional quality control is established.
- Samples are processed and tracked.
- Discovery vs. targeted analyses are conducted.
- Technology tools are selected.
- Assay sensitivity and specificity are determined.
- Control samples are assessed.
- Data is tracked.
- Open source and proprietary analytical pipelines are identified.
- Sample data is functionally interpreted and correlated with other data sources.
- Data is visualized, formatted, and securely transferred to storage.