Storing and managing today’s samples to meet tomorrow’s standards.
Brooks Life Sciences has purpose-built biorepositories, stringent processes, and expert staff to ensure sample integrity and compliance.
Brooks maintains their commitment to quality with over 300 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
A full-time quality assurance team oversees procedures and monitors evolving regulations to keep us compliant with new standards. Quarterly independent and internal audits ensure our operating procedures are fail-proof. Clients and prospects are also invited to conduct their own audits of our facilities.
Biorepository Security and Data Protection
- Security – Brooks biorepository facilities are custom-designed and purpose-built for storing samples. Our facilities are auto-secured by card-controlled access areas that admit only trained and certified staff.
- Surveillance — Around-the-clock and 24/7 video monitoring system and surveillance procedures protect each of our facilities.
- Heat, Smoke and Motion Detectors — Fast response times to security alerts sent to the smartphones of our facilities managers.
- Protected Data Infrastructure — Sample data is stored in an offsite, Category 5 Data Center, prioritized for protection by the U.S. government.
- Data Redundancy — All the data is backed up daily. We mirror data storage on redundant servers located onsite at our biorepository and offsite at our secure data center.
- In-Process Testing - Incoming material inspection and release, reliability test, design testing, diagnostic test scripts, and blinded test scripts are all performed to ensure from the inception of the equipment through final release to the customer that the quality of the units is best-in-class. Where applicable, there are post-release data analysis capabilities.
- On-going monitoring - Performance monitors are in place to ensure equipment in use at customer sites are operating correctly. This monitoring allows Brooks Life Sciences to proactively service equipment before critical failures occur and negatively impact our clients.
- Change Control - All changes are documented and reviewed by the quality unit and executed using a risk-based approach. As applicable, customers will be notified of the planned changes.
Business Continuity Plan
- Facility Backup Power — For Biorepositories, the facility backup generators will activate within seconds of an outage, power is transferred to maintain continuous temperature control and protect samples. All other sites have generators that can be activated as needed.
- Equipment Redundancy — Where in use, critical to business back-up generators are load-tested regularly for 30 minutes to ensure our facilities maintain continuous temperature control and your stored samples maintain the highest integrity.
- Guaranteed 24-Hour Resources — At all Biorepositories resupply for diesel fuel, nitrogen and dry ice ensure that our business essentials are readily available.
Certifications, Licenses and Memberships
Brooks Life Sciences maintains the following certifications to ensure your biomaterials are handled, stored and shipped in a fully compliant manner.
ISO 9001:2015 Certified – Brooks is certified by NSF or NQA for our facilities in the United States and Europe.
European Medicines Agency (EMA) - Certification of GMP Compliance of a Manufacturer - Brooks is EMA certified in Indianapolis, IN to store GMP working and master cell banks since 2016.
US FDA Title 21 CFR Part 1270/1271 Good Tissue Practices (GTP) - All US Biorepositories are registered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration with a GTP license for the storage and distribution of human cells, tissues, and cellular and tissue-based products
College of American Pathologists (CAP) Biorepository Accreditation —Brooks received accreditation in Indianapolis, IN from the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Biorepository Accreditation Program in January 2013.
US FDA Title 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant — Software ELPRO® and BioInventory are validated and US FDA compliant.
Qualtrax® Compliance Software — Our SOPs are maintained with Qualtrax, a quality assurance document management system.
Licensed Tissue Bank in these states — All U.S. sites hold license in New York, California, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland and Oregon
International Air Transport Association (IATA) and U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) — Compliant shipper of radioactive goods and infectious substances
Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) — Certified to store and transport radioactive materials in Indianapolis, IN.
Certified Cargo Screening Facility — Brooks is a U.S. certified cargo-screening facility as part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Transportation Security Administration.
Certified as a Bekannter Versender — (known consignor) in Germany by the LBA.
BioProcessing Solutions Alliance Partner RUCDR Infinite Biologics Certifications
For an overview of our corporate responsibility statements including; minerals policy, modern slavery statements and environmental responsibility visit our corporate site.