XPeel® Automated Plate Seal Removal
XPeel automatically removes seals from a wide range of microplate types with the single touch of a button.
A robust and elegantly-simple automated system, XPeel eliminates the need for repetitive, manual plate seal removal.
Allows the adoption of the gold-standard operating model (sealed plates, no lids).
- XPeel eliminates the need for microplate lids, and thus improves sample integrity. XPeel can operate in either stand-alone mode, or can be integrated into automated systems. This allows fully-automated seal removal in a wide variety of sample storage environments
- Automated plate seal removal.
- The patented XTape® removal medium eliminates the need for mechanical removal mechanisms which can be prone to failure.
- XPeel is highly reliable, whether used manually or integrated into automation with external robotics
- XPeel is the industry-standard automated microplate seal remover, allowing the adoption of the gold-standard operating model (sealed plates, no lids) to maximise sample integrity in manual and automated environments
- XPeel minimises cross contamination, repetitive strain injuries and plate or seal damage characteristic of manual seal removal practices
Compatible with Virtually All Plate Types and Seal Types
- XPeel can be used with a wide variety of microplates, including full-skirted PCR plates, low-base microplates and deep-well (up to 2ml) plates
- XPeel is compatible with a variety of full-plate seals, including heat and pressure applied seals
- Uses proprietary XTape to deseal microplates, up to 400 seal removals per XTape roll
Preserves Sample Integrity
- Helps mitigate cross contamination common with manual seal removal techniques through automated plate seal removal.
- Supports Quality Control measures requiring samples to be sealed until their moment of use
- XPeel holds the plate down whilst seal is peeled away from the plate, mitigating another contamination issue
- Operating mode minimises plate or seal damage
- Integrated seal removal verification feature reduces plate handling errors
Easy to Use, Easy to Integrate
- Can be used as stand alone system, or integrated into automated and robotic workflows via Serial RS232 remote interface
- One-touch, push-button operation for plate seal removal makes XPeel an ideal stand-alone device for busy laboratories
- Capacity to remove up to 200 plate seals per hour
- Robust, time-proven device with hundreds of units placed globally in a range of manual and automated environments
XPeel Supports a Range of Applications
- High Throughput Screening
- Synthetic Biology
- Compound Management
|XPeel® Automated Plate Seal Removal|
|Seal Removal Capacity||Up to 400 per XTape Roll|
|Seal Verification Sensor||Reflective with Sensitivity Adjustment|
|Motion Parameters||XTape Adhere Time, Unseal Speed, Plate Output Orientation, Begin Peel Location|
|General Parameters||Auto XTape Advance, Plate Verification Menu Language|
|Power Requirements||115VAC, 4A, 60Hz 230VAC, 2A, 50Hz|
|Throughput||Up to 200 Plate Seal Removals Per Hour|
|XP-A_100V||North American / Japan version – 100V|
|XP-A_230V||European version – 230V|
|X-Tape_2000||XTape 5 rolls per box|