CoolCell controlled-rate alcohol-free cell freezing containers provide a highly reproducible -1℃/minute freezing rate when placed in a -80℃ freezer. No alcohol or fluids required. The insulative outer housing and thermo-conductive solid state core ensure consistent heat removal to all vials throughout the freezing period. CoolCell freezing containers are unbreakable, open easily when frozen, and are not cold to the touch when frozen - no "frosty" fingers. Numbered vial wells ensure easy sample identification. The beveled junction between base and lid and exposed vial tops in the base allow for quick and safe removal of frozen vials so they can be placed into long-term storage. Proven for use with stem cells, primary cells and cell lines.
- The patent-pending CoolCell technology utilizes a thermo-conductive alloy core and highly-insulative outer material to control the rate of heat removal to provide reproducible cell cryopreservation. CoolCell units are easy to use and deliver comparable results to expensive programmable freezers. Simply fill with vials and place in a -80℃ freezer for 4 hours.
- CoolCell containers can replace isopropanol-based freezing containers such as Mr. Frosty by ThermoFisher Scientific and others, which can consume up to 12L per year of IPA and cost hundreds of dollars per unit per year to maintain. The CoolCell containers instantly save money and eliminate hazardous solvents from the cell cryopreservation process.
- No alcohol: no fluids or precooling, can save 12 L/unit of IPA per year
- No variability: all vials have uniform freeze rate, radially symmetric design ensures vial consistency
- No on-going cost: No alcohol purchase or hazardous disposal expense
- No stuck lids: ergonomic lid comes off easily after frozen. Not cold to the touch when removed from -80°C freezer
- Quick reuse time: ready to use again after 5 minutes
Performance Test: A temperature probe was placed into a 2.0 mL cryogenic vial containing 1.0 mL of water and the tube inserted into a CoolCell sitting at room temperature. The CoolCell container was then placed directly into a -80˚C freezer and the temperature rate and profile was observed over a 3 hour period. The experiment was repeated 5 consecutive times and the temperature profiles were recorded.
Conclusion: The CoolCell controlled-rate cell freezing container showed identical fusion time and cooling profiles over five consecutive freeze cycles.
|Item No.||Description||Dimensions||Well Diameter|
|BCS-405||CoolCell LX, purple||Diam 11.7 x H 9.9 cm||12.7 mm|
|BCS-405G||CoolCell LX, green|
|BCS-405O||CoolCell LX, orange|
|BCS-405PK||CoolCell LX, pink|
|BCS-170||CoolCell FTS30, purple||Diam 16.5 x H 11.5 cm||12.3 mm|
|BCS-170G||CoolCell FTS30, green|
|BCS-170O||CoolCell FTS30, orange|
|BCS-170PK||CoolCell FTS30, pink|
|BCS-406||CoolCell 5ml LX, purple||Diam 9.5 x H 14.5 cm||15.2 mm|
|BCS-172||CoolCell SV2, purple||Diam 13.9 x H 10.5 cm||14.7 mm|
|BCS-262||CoolCell SV10, purple||Diam 12.1 x H 9.8 cm||23.6 mm|
|BCS-3105||CoolCell Filler Vial, 2ml||For use with: CoolCell LX, CoolCell FTS30|
|BCS-3106||CoolCell Filler Vial, 5ml||For use with: CoolCell 5ml LX|
|BCS-210||Removable cryogenic vial module for CoolCell FTS30|