BioStore™ III Cryo -190°C System
Automated LN2 cryogenic storage system that provides greater protection, accessibility and records for cells and sample assets at -190°C.
The BioStore™ III Cryo -190°C System is the only cryogenic storage solution that combines the sample protection, safety, and accessibility of a manual high-efficiency LN2 freezer with advanced automation features such as inventory control, cold-chain management, and a superior ergonomic user experience. The SW controller can be integrated with your enterprise LIMS system, generate reports to support 21-CFR-11 and be used as shared equipment with administrator-defined library capability.
- Proven technology: based on Brooks automation expertise and chart MVE LN2 freezer technology
- Rapid processing: retrieves a cryobox in less than 60 seconds
- Safe operation: outstanding ergonomics minimizes user risk from lifting racks or LN2 contact
- Flexible labware: capable of handling cryoboxes, SBS plates as well as the most common blood bag cassettes
- Compact: the Biostore III Cryo 1500 is designed to fit through a 42 inch laboratory door and has the footprint of a standard 42-inch (107 cm) LN2 freezer
- Secure access: administrator-defined permissions and library control features
- Cost-effective: low-cost operation. Consumes same amount of liquid nitrogen as a manual high-efficiency LN2 freezer
- Scalable: system is designed to help scale with your collection
- Sample integrity: Consistent -190°C temperatures achieved for from top to bottom using LN2 vapor. A sample integrity calculator protects samples from excessive warming by predicting their temperatures based on experimental evidence. Integrity is further enhanced by protecting innocent samples during storage and retrieval transient exposures. Racks are quickly pulled into an insulated sleeve, significantly slowing transient warming.
- Sample security: 20-day safety hold time below -135°C (Tg) with full manual access if power or LN2 are disrupted.
- Sample tracking: the system has comprehensive inventory management with vial-level ID, audit trail, reports, and LIMS connectivity.
- BioStore III controller software and touchscreen enable efficient order management and execution. It's easy-to-use graphical interface permits tube-level inventory management plus sample storage, retrieval, and auditing. The software monitors storage environment data and has comprehensive error handling. LIMS connectivity is available for real-time sample management. Full 21-CFR-11 reporting capability is available. Administrator-defined libraries and access control can optimize the system as a shared resource.