BioStore™ II -80°C Automated Storage System
Automated -80°C sample management and storage for biobanks desiring consistent storage temperature and data integrity.
The BioStore II is the only automated sample management and biological storage system that provides flexible, modular solutions with the security and reliability which can precisely fit the biobank customer’s needs. It is ideal for biobanks at biopharmaceutical companies and research institutions trying to effectively manage sample inventories while minimizing temperature cycling that degrades sample quality.
Capacity Storage Examples
Please contact us to discuss your specific storage labware and capacity requirements.
|Description & Model||Length||Width||Height||Tube Type||Capacity|
|BioStore II SingleBank B2-C26-H10||18' 8"/5.7m||9' 2"/2.8m||9' 2"/2.8m||FluidX 0.7ml w/jacket||869,000|
|BioStore II TwinBank B2-C52-H10||24' 3"/7.4m||9' 10"/3.0m||9' 2"/2.8m||FluidX 0.7ml w/jacket||1,730,000|
|BioStore II QuadBank B2-C104-H10||41' 12"/12.8m||9' 10"/3.0m||9' 2"/2.8m||FluidX 0.7ml w/jacket||3,470,000|
- System sizing: a wide range of capacity options are available from 70,000 to over 10 million tubes
- Labware flexibility and adaptability: handles the widest range of labware available in a single store, including cryovials, SBS formatted tubes, SBS plates and more
- Functional modules: allow for customization to meet your needs today and can be modified to meet your future needs
- High-density storage: reformatting labware to proprietary HD storage racks can more than double storage capacity compared to SBS formatted storage
- Multi-pitch shelving: dynamic storage shelving maximizes storage density. A sample imaging module captures barcodes, labware type and heights to assure an optimal storage location
- Easy to use: no special expertise required to operate the system
BioStore II System maintains sample integrity by keeping innocent (unpicked) samples at storage temperature throughout the picking process. Other quality assurance features include:
- Sample security: redundant refrigeration circuits and backup LN2 capability are standard on BioStore II System and help maintain consistent sample temperature in case of catastrophic power outage
- -80°C picking modules: can pick cohorts of tubes and maintain non- targeted, ‘innocent’ samples at -80°C until requested by the user
- Minimized thermal disruption: a passive tile wall insulates the storage compartment and allows for rapid sample access. Less than 1% of the wall surface area is opened when samples are retrieved, ensuring innocent samples are not exposed to unnecessary temperature cycling
- Temperature homogeneity: by placing the evaporators above all samples, the temperature remains constant throughout the storage environment.
- Brooks Strata™ control software manages precious biosamples with the highest levels of security and confidence in BioStore II automated biological storage systems. Strata's intuitive, information-rich interface makes automated storage easy and convenient to use: no special engineering expertise is required to operate the system. Its reliability and flexibility assure your biosamples will be efficiently processed and securely protected. Strata's data is accessible from any location using a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. It provides simplified integration with corporate IT and LIMS networks. Intelligent diagnostics and error recovery assure reliable performance.
- Strata software seamlessly integrates with the Brooks’ BioStudies™ biobank data management platform. This robust, user-configurable solution connects sample inventory information with consent, phenotypic, and clinical data, giving customers a single tool that supports the management of sample collections within population and research-based studies.