Brooks Life Sciences increases capacity at Indianapolis biorepository by 20%

Brooks Capacity Increase

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – January 2020 – Brooks Life Sciences is expanding its Indianapolis biorepository to strengthen capabilities in biobanking and sample management.

This expansion will bring significant benefits for clients in academia and pharma who are accelerating clinical trials and developing treatments for diseases that affect people all over the world. Researchers and scientists doing important work such as this will need space to store samples that could potentially unlock cures.

Vice President of Services and Informatics for Brooks Life Sciences, Martin Long, says the increased footprint reflects the company’s continued focus on customers in pharma, academia, biotech, clinical, and healthcare. 

“More and more samples are being collected as research accelerates to improve quality of healthcare,” he explains. “Our expansion will help support this.”

Details of the expansion include adding 20% more space to the biorepository. This will ensure Brooks continues to meet demand for biological samples and the room to store them. 

Over 30% of the expansion will be allocated to the growing field of genomics along with lab services and administration to support it. The other 70% of expanded space will be dedicated to the company’s biorepository. 

The announcement comes on the back of recent infrastructure improvements that include construction of an additional 15,000 cubic feet of -20°C storage space.

The company's Indianapolis expansion will also create more jobs over the next three years as Brooks continues to embed expertise into customer workflows that accelerate scientific discovery.

About Brooks Life Sciences
Brooks Life Sciences, a division of Brooks Automation, provides the life sciences industry with the most comprehensive portfolio of sample management solutions, enabling researchers worldwide to accelerate innovation and improve patient health. The company provides automated storage, cryopreservation, informatics, sample and GMO storage, and gene sequencing and synthesis through their company, GENEWIZ. Brooks also offers lab services, transportation, consumables, and instruments. Technologies and services span the entire cold chain supporting research, GMP, pre/clinical, cell therapy, and biologics. The top 20 biopharmaceutical providers and other leading companies rely on Brooks Life Sciences to advance research.

About Brooks Automation, Inc.
Brooks is a leading worldwide provider of automation and cryogenic solutions for multiple markets including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences. Brooks' technologies, engineering competencies and global service capabilities provide customers speed to market and ensure high uptime and rapid response, which equate to superior value in their mission-critical controlled environments. Since 1978, Brooks has been a leading partner to the global semiconductor manufacturing market and since 2011 Brooks has applied its automation and cryogenics expertise to meet the sample storage needs of customers in the life sciences industry. Brooks' life sciences offerings include a broad range of products and services for on-site infrastructure for sample management in  20°C to -190°C temperatures, as well as comprehensive outsource service solutions across the complete life cycle of biological samples including collection, transportation, processing, storage, protection, retrieval and disposal. Brooks is headquartered in Chelmsford, MA, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia.